Harshad Ashok Warnekar
Present Address: #3, Ground Floor, 3rd Cross, Sai Layout, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560 066
Home Tel: +91 - 80 – 28454962
Mobile: +91 - 9880367363
I am looking forward for a position where my technical as well as management skills are well utilized. I have an experience of 8.5 years in the fields of Digital Signal Processing and Telecommunications. I have worked on Speech Codecs, xDSL technologies and Audio processing algorithm development in product as well as service based companies.
April / 2008 to Present
Specialist, Audio DSP, Tata Elxsi Limited
I have worked as a Technical Lead and Project Architect on several Audio enhancement algorithms. I was responsible for design and development of algorithms in Audio-DSP domain. I have experience in managing a team of 10 engineers in achieving the optimum results of implementation of the audio algorithm on target platform. Audio enhancement related projects involved following algorithms:
- Parametric & Graphical Equalizers
- Sampling rate convertor
- Acoustic Echo Canceller
- Automatic Gain Control
- Noise Reduction
Apart from my regular responsibilities, I was also member of technical consultant for many other projects where Audio DSP was a part of complete system development. I have also worked on development of PC based GUI for configuration of Audio algorithm running on the target platform.
December / 2003 to March / 2008
Senior Design Engineer, Centillium India Pvt. Ltd.
In Centillium, I played various roles. I was responsible for design, development, feature enhancement, customer support, as well as testing of various ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ physical layer. In the order from latest to oldest following were my responsibilities at Centillium
- I was responsible for all the activities including re-designing, implementing and supporting all G.994.1 (handshake procedure for xDSL communications) related activities.
- Before taking up the G.994.1 activity, I worked as a customer support engineer and was responsible for handling all types of issues in the xDSL product line to one specific customer.
- In Centillium I was responsible for designing and performing all the initial testing of all the features supported in the xDSL product before the solution went for final Quality testing.
December / 2000 to November / 2003
DSP Engineer, Conquest (Concept) Integrated Technologies India Pvt Ltd.
In Conquest I was a team member working on the implementation and optimization of ITU-T speech coding standard G.723.1 and G.729 on Motorola 56300 and Cradle UMS platforms. Also during this period I worked for one year in Centillium as a contractor for its xDSL product line.
The platform architectures I worked on included RISC and VLIW architectures.
- CSR's BC05-MM (Kalimba DSP)
- TI's TMS320C5505
- Centillium Maximus (Sigma DSP)
- Cradle UMS
- Motorola 56300.
C and DSP Assembly.
Matlab, Microsoft VSS, WinCVS, Microsoft Project 2000, Microsoft Visio, TeamTrack, Inforouter, iPlan and various Simulators and emulators.
Spectrum Analyzer, Loop Simulators, Noise Generators.
- 2000: B.E. in Computer Technologies from M.I.E.T. Gondia, Nagpur University.
- 1996: HSSC (12th) from Dharampeth Science College, Nagpur, Maharashtra Board.
- 1994: SSC (10th) from Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Naharlagun (Itanagar), Arunachal Pradesh, CBSE Board.
- Algorithm Design.
- Reading about latest technology developments.
Linked in Reference: http://www.linkedin.com/in/harshadwarnekar